Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Texas Flag Quilt

Kyle and I have been wanting a Texas Flag to hang in our spare bedroom. I imagine it hanging in Kyle's office one day, or in our son's room. So, Dad let us have one of his Texas flags that he got when he was stationed in San Angelo, and when I told Kyle that it had actually flown over the capital, he was pretty impressed. Mom and I spent a few hours yesterday making the flag into a quilt to hang on the wall. That way it has a little more softness and home-like feel to it.

I started with a white sheet.




And of course, a Texas flag.



A new haircut doesnt hurt, either.






I used leftover burlap ribbon to make three loops at the top to hang it from.



Then I hung it from a curtain rod to see if it will hang right. Can't wait to see how it looks on our wall at home!

1 comment:

Holly said...

Wow! I'm so impressed with your skills on the sewing machine. I'm the only Marsh girl that lacks that skill:( The quilt is beautiful!