Monday, October 27, 2008

Phi Theta Kappa



Today I handed in my money for PHI THETA KAPPA. I am an official member. Cool. If you don't know what it is, it is an international honor society for two-year colleges. I'm not really sure what it entails but I know there are a bunch of scholorship opportunities and discounts on books and supplies. I just really wanted to join something that could go on my record as being very academic and showing my gpa. You have to have a 3.5 to join and I have a 3.75 so I'm pretty happy with that. The ceremony for induction is thursday and you have to dress up and take pictures with your certificate and stuff. But I know mom and dad have to work because I didn't tell them I was joining and Thursday is pretty last-minute. I didn't want to tell them because I wasn't sure I could get the money ($70) in to the office on time. I will tell them tonight.

I'm going to study for my algebra test tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. I feel braindead already from today's classes. Exponential Functions and Vertical and Hoizontal Asymptopes. Should be an interesting test of my knowledge. ;(

1 comment:

The Kopers said...

good luck on all that algebra stuff....egch. and way to be a cappa cappa whatever...the greek names always make me think of Friends where Rachel's like "hey, I was a cappa-cappa-whatever. Hey, Sisters!...wow, we really are b*%$#es."