Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Top Ten Tuseday

In the spirit of Christmas and finals, I have HUGE tasks running through my brain. It's sort of my own version of the 12 days of Christmas...
5 BILLS TO PAAAAAAY
4 Finals, gay!
3 gifts to do
2 papers due
And a Wedding to plan by late Maaaaaay.

Anyway, my top ten Tuesday consists of the the itty-bitty umimportant things that have no actual necessity yet keep creeping into my to-do list...

10. Lately I have been craving The Office. Over the past two weeks, whenever I get a quiet moment in my room to put away laundry or...sleep, I put in the office. I started with season 3 and am now on season 4's second disk. I can't get enough. I just have to know if Jim and Pam will truly make it...ugh.
9.I spend my class times as of late making schedules of when the final will be, rather than hearing what the final will be on. I spent American History reading a chapter in my journalism book on Rush Limbaugh and found that he is a douche. And yesterday I went to walmart for no reason whatsoever and bought Kyle a long john shirt (cuz he loves those and he truly needs shirts) and rented a movie from redbox, and bought a ginger bread house building kit (even though last time I tried to build a gingerbread house I cried because the bloody thing wouldn't stand up)
8. I have taken to looking at our Christmas pictures on facebook very often, like 3 times a day. I just think we all look so cute and happy and the tree is so pretty. I wish I had more comments on them because I just think they are so fun!
7. I like to sit on the couch each evening and see if something Christmasy is coming on. So far this year I have taped the Grinch and am making a Christmas special VHS. I could buy a christmas special dvd but it would inevitably have something worthless on it like Rudolph or Santa Claus is Coming to Town (Both dismally lame Christmas specials that seem to haunt me). So I am making my own personalized one with only my favorites. It has Garfield's Christmas and the Grinch, and next Tuesday at 7pm I will be taping Charlie Brown's Christmas. This is clearly very important.
6. Instead of pulling my hair back in a ponytail or Heaven forbid, blowdrying it after a shower, I french-braid it. Sometimes one, sometimes two, and the occasional 3 corn rows. I have gotten very good at this. It is a huge waste of time because I never leave the house in french braids unless I do funky ones for work. Waste of time.
5. (The following is a specific example and is not condusive to my everyday routine) Thanksgiving day we needed to bake the pineapple casserole and cranberry bread while mom took Brinkley for a run. That was our task. But I had been dying to try my hand at turning my out-date very loose-around-my-behind Abercrombie khakis into skinny-leg pants. So I got out the sewing machine amidst Kyle's cries that "I love those pants on you! You'll ruin them!" and turned them inside out and sewed a line down the leg. When I tried to put them on I could not fit my foot through the hole so I threw them in the back of my closet and will probably not rip the seam out for a long while. Of course, then I finished my tasks in the kitchen.
4. I saw a movie Trailer for a new Nicolas Sparks book-turned-movie called Dear John. I noticed that mom has the book in her closet so, following suit of the last 3 book-turned-movies of Sparks', I decided to read the book first. I began reading it on Thanksgiving's eve and finished by 3 o'clock on Thanksgiving afternoon. I could have been writing my personality profile, reading chapter 15 of my history of American Journalism book or perhaps reading one of the 5 chapters of my American History book that I have a final over next week. But Dear John really had to be read before the movie comes out in...good lord...February.
3. I fold my underwear before I put them in the drawer...but I don't bother to put my socks in pairs before putting them in their seemingly bottomless drawer. Somewhere there has got to be a rule against this.
2. I was very excited to get out of American History early so I could rush to the library and...blog.
1. I like making folders for things. I made a binder for wedding planning, a folder for final reviews and a folder for our december trip. But I am having trouble finding papers to put in our december trip folder other than our itineraries so I have taken to printing out coloring pages for us to do on the plane when we get bored. I swear, I really have important things to do.

1 comment:

The Kopers said...

Whenever Steve sets time aside to study, he always spends it organizing his study material - with divider tabs and copying and shrinking and reprinting things to make them more compact - instead of studying the information ON the paper. Drives me nuts. Seems like you two have a lot in common.