Saturday, May 16, 2009

2002 VW Jetta-Carlos



Today Daddy and I went car shopping. We stopped at a Hyundai dealership full of old lady cars then went across the street to a Nissan-owned used car dealership. The first car I liked we test drove and checked out and here we are! I named him Carlos because the dealer was from South Africa and he said all VW's for right-side drivers are made in South Africa and left-sided are made in Mexico. Perfect!

Have you ever seen the episode of The Office where Jim and Karen are dating and they go with Michael and Dwight to David Wallace's house for the party and Dwight is pulling on the banister, goes up to the chimney and is doing all these crazy checks on the house's foundation and sturdiness. That's what Dad did. He was under the car, pushing on things. It made me laugh so much. But he though it was a good deal and said that if he were looking for a new car, he would buy this one. I was really nervous to seem all excited because I didn't want to do anything that Dad didn't agree with. But he said, "Do you like it? Then let's do this!" Yay!!

1 comment:

Taylor Family Tales said...

Very cute car! Yay!

Sorry about Jonas - it made me sad... But it was nice that he was able to have a more peaceful passing than alone on the road...