Thursday, May 28, 2009

Goodbye Bonfire

I just said goodnight to Holly. They are leaving early and I won't wake up to see them off because I know it will be more emotional for Holly. I know she'll be sad at the airport and cry saying bye to mom and dad. Jr is still up doing the last-minute laundry that Holly decided needed to be done because of the bonfire we just had. We had a stump of an old palm tree that was half hollowed-out. We set it on fire and roasted marshmallows for smores over it. What great fun for the last night. We all smell and have burning eyes. Nolan dozed off around 9 and we got the fire burning.

He's such a good baby and is losing the fussiness that he had when I saw him 6 weeks ago. He only fusses when something is wrong and other than that he is all smiles and cooing. He is a great addition to the family and I've never seen Holly or Jr so happy and proud. Parenthood suits them so well and I can't wait to meet my next nephew, not too far off!

There will be plenty of pics to post of the trip and video as well! Jr has been diligently filming every aspect of their trip! I miss them already!

2 comments:

The Kopers said...

I can't wait to see picture!

Holly said...

I miss you, Boo! I'm glad you got up to say bye to us...and I did ball my eyes out when saying bye to mom and daddy. Waaaaaa!
It was an awesome trip and I can't wait to do it again!