Saturday, June 6, 2009

One More Down

Just finished my second book of the summer. It is called Good in bed and I can tell you the only reason it is called that is that Cannie breaks up with her boyfriend who goes on to write monthly columns in a women's magazine entitled "Good in Bed" all about her and their relationship. Starting with, "Loving a larger Woman". It is humiliating and shocking for her and is the start for a whirlwind crazy turn of events for her and I loved this book. A definate light-hearted beach read. By Jennifer Weiner.

There was one part near the end where she talks about why she loves the name Leah that I liked and reminded me of Leah, for obvious reasons and I wanted to quote it in hopes that it makes you want to read this book.

"Leah, the second sister, the one Jacob didn't want to marry. Leah, the trick bride, the one her father sent down the aisle in disguise. I bet Leah had a more interesting life anyhow, I wispered. I bet Leah went on hiking trips with her girlfriends and had popcorn and Margaritas for dinner, if that's what she wanted. I'll bet she went swimming naked and slept under the stars. Rachel probably bought Celine Deon CDs and those Franklin Mint Collectable plates. Rachel was probably boring, even to herself."

I wish tomorrow was Monday so that I could go rent another book from the library. However, that would also mean work. So, I'll wait.

Just edited this pic of me and my little buddy. Can't wait to see Steven, Gabby and #3 in August! I love being an aunt to such perfect little people!

A photograph is a most important document, and there is nothing more damning to go down to posterity than a silly, foolish smile caught and fixed forever.
~Mark Twain

No comments: